why shop manta sleep
Cure Insomnia With Better Sleep Habits
Did you know that insomnia can trigger anxiety and can increase your risk of developing other health problems?
Research suggests that people with untreated insomnia are at 2-10 times greater risk for new or recurrent episodes of depression and anxiety.
Luckily, there are insomnia cures that work by changing your daily behaviors.
If you want to increase your potential and create healthier sleeping habits, read on as we give you the keys to quality sleep.
Habits to Avoid:
Before we dive into the keys to unlocking better sleep, it is important to know the overlooked causes of insomnia.
The causes of Insomnia will vary from person to person, but by being aware of these harmful habits, you will be well on your way to better sleep.
1. Your sleep schedule is different on the weekend - Staying up late and sleeping in on the weekends confuses your body’s ability to fall asleep. Try sticking to the same sleep schedule each day of the week.
2. No set bedtime - Knowing when you are going to bed helps you spend time winding down before calling it a night.
3. You consume caffeine too late - Avoid drinking caffeine late in the day because it can stay active in the system for up to 8 hours.
4. Your views on insomnia are outdated - Stay informed with new research and join online groups or forums that help fight insomnia.
5. You over stimulate before bed and during the night - The light and information from digital devices before bed or when you can’t sleep activates the mind. Stay away from electronics before falling asleep.
6. You check the time - Worrying about the clock and your remaining hours of sleep produces stress hormones. Position your clock away from view and only check it once your alarm goes off.
7. You are not getting the right amount of sleep - Try experimenting with different durations of sleep ranging from 7-9 hours for adults.
8. You drink alcohol to fall asleep - As a sedative, alcohol may help you relax but it won’t help you have a good night of sleep. Try switching to water a few hours before bedtime.
Habits to Avoid:
The best way to combat insomnia is by keeping good sleep habits or what is called sleep hygiene. Along with avoiding the harmful habits listed above, make sure to add these sleep habits below to your daily routine.
- Get regular exercise but try not to exercise within 4 hours of going to bed to avoid over stimulation.
- Make your bedroom dark and quiet. If light and noise are an issue, you should try a sleeping mask and or earplugs.
- Follow a nightly routine by doing something relaxing before bed like listening to calm music, light reading, or taking a bath.
- Only use your bed for sleep and sex.
- Make a to-do list so you don’t worry about the following day’s tasks while falling asleep.
Better Sleep Awaits You
Better sleep will give you more energy, reduce brain fog, decrease anxiety and depression, and boost your immune system.
Now is the time to build a healthier and exciting life through the benefits of better sleep.
If you want to take control of your sleep hygiene, follow these tips and consider buying a high- quality sleep mask which creates a dark atmosphere wherever you sleep.
Stop staring at the ceiling trying to fall asleep!
Build good sleep hygiene to tackle insomnia.